Thursday, November 3, 2011

Promises to Myself

I've been thinking alot lately about really getting back on track, focused and Committed to myself and my health. Life has a funny way of taking over and controlling our actions and thoughts and feelings. I've always been the kind of person with a bag full of dreams and projects I want to do and accomplish, but at the same time I'm also the person who forgets what I was doing five minutes ago. I catch myself all the time starting projects and quitting or "putting off" untill a later date, as with my health. Once again I let myself go because I've been to focused on other things in life. I know my diet is still health compared to most but for me I'm lacking and boy can I feel it...  I want to always have me and my health in the for front of my mind, so I thought I would try to combine my art with my health and maybe it'd would keep me energized and focused.

     So starting today, a Thursday in November on the 3rd day of this beautiful month to make a BIG promise to myself. I am going to attempt....no no
  • I AM going to wake up early instead of my little ones waking me up
  • I AM going to drink, drink and drink more WATER!!
  • I AM going to cut out ALL junk food <----- boy this is a hard one, ugh!!
  • I AM going to make time for myself in the middle of the day so I don't short circuit :)
  • I AM going to stay on top of preparing all our meals at LEAST 90-95% RAW
  • I AM going to promise myself a minimum of 10-15 mins of hardcore working out
  • I AM going to take time out of the day to Play with my girls, uninterrupted 


I'm sure I'll think of a few more things I want to throw up on that list, but for now I think that's a pretty good start. So, now where the 'art' part is tied in. I've seen this really cool project on pinterest where a family takes a picture everyday for a year, then at the end you kind of flip book them and you can see the changes that occurred within one year. I've been wanting to do this with the fam, but I also thought i'd be good to document what changes occurred with myself when I fully commit to my health. I hoping to see alot of changes in my self,  not only through fitness and healthy eating, but spiritually. I feel my inner light is dim and I need to bring the brilliance of my inner light back to shining bright :) 

Oh right and did I mention I'm going to take my pictures with no makeup on... Also I thought I'd take one full body shot at the beginning of each month, you may want to turn away if you squeamish, lol :) 

                                                                           Day One:

 
                     
                                                            


-Florence and the Machine, "It's always darkest before the dawn, and it's hard to dance with the devil on your back, so shake it off, shake it off..."

No comments:

Post a Comment