Monday, June 6, 2011

Why Sunday is my Favorite day :)

     I know most people's Sunday consist's of relaxing and preparing for the work week. Well, at our house Sunday is our most productive day. Between laundry, cleaning, taking care of the animals, baking, blogging (of course) and playing with the wee ones. I took lots of pictures so I thought I'd share a few with you :)
  
                  First on our list of things to do is feed the chickens and ducks.... but Scooby can't
                                                           resist the chicken feed either.
                    We spotted a cool looking butterfly on our front porch, it had 4 separate wings.
                                                               A fruity breakfast, yummy!!

                              But our favorite part about Sunday is making lunches for the week, baking
                                                         and trying out new delicious recipes!!

        My husbands works on a construction site and still takes his lunch, this is his usual pictured below. Naked burrito (or sometimes he'll bring a tortilla wrap) which includes lots of chopped fresh veggies, jasmine rice with lime and cilantro, black beans and of course hot sauce and a big ice cold tea. **Note this is 3-4 days  worth. We make a bunch so in the evenings before work he can just put everything into on container and he's ready to go.


     We bake our bread for the week, and this week we tried an artisan style loaf with honey and oats. And of course we had to taste test it and it turned out great!

And for dinner we made a raw buddha bowl, but I decided to switch it up a bit for the kiddos because they love finger foods. So here's the kid version...                                                     
    and the adult version...


 Did I mention they ate every bite? They love their raw veggies!!

Well, I hope everyone has a great week and make sure and check my recipe page. I'll add recipes for everything I mention on my blogs and others. Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment